CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

"OHHH, The Drama!!!!!!!!!"

When I started this blog this morning, I was going to post this first picture and talk about all the excitment of getting the twins registered for kindergarten. Little did I know what this day would actually entail. Long story short, Dillan came down with the croup last night, so I took her into the doc this morning to get her some meds. While we were there, we went over Caleb's chart as well. We were talking about what immunizations he was going to need since we are unsure about his health history. Doctor Bob then told me that he could go ahead and get the shots started today since we were already in the office. I asked if we could go ahead and get Dillan's kindergarten shots done as well. (Why not? Let's get it over with...). The nurse came in and the kiddos were being so brave. Dillan volunteered to go first...the nurse told her to sing her ABC's and then it would be all over. Yeah, right. MOMMY was the one belting out the ABC's over all the wailing and screaming. Of course, Caleb saw his sister being tortured and decided to book it out the door while Mommy was busy holding his sister down. I managed to grab him before he made it too far. He then proceeded to claw his way over my shoulder in pure panic (meanwhile Dillan is still lamenting her torture and the nurse looks close to passing out). I managed to pin Caleb down and sing another rousing rendition of the ABC's while he screamed bloody murder. Afterwards, the two of them hugged each other and sobbed for a good 5 minutes while the nurse and I went out for a stiff drink (I wish). THE DRAMA!!! All in all, not the way I had the day planned, BUT the kindergarten shots are over for now (at least for Dillan...we still have to take Caleb in for two more sets...). SO, eight shots later, two Happy Meals, two milkshakes, and a new movie, life couldn't be better! (sigh) I think Moms should also get special awards for days like these...seriously.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are ALL very brave! Caleb and Dillan, don't you think Momy deserves a big hug and kiss for going through all of this!
Comfort, remember when your parents said "this hurts me more the it does you?"...well now you know what they were really saying.:-)My hat's off to you...Love Gram R

Anonymous said...

Proud of you two, you are so big! Love you, Uncle D, Aunt C, H, A & B

Anonymous said...

Seems like just yesterday we had to enlist the help of several bystanders to help us hold Mommy down for her kindergarten shots. I'm glad you all survived! Love, Nana and Papa