CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"And the Suprises Continue"...


Charley came home the other day and announced that she wanted to audition for her school's talent show. She said she wanted to sing a song. Much to my suprise, she said she wanted to sing, "You're a Grand Old Flag". WHAT? Of all the songs I thought she would want to sing, this one caught me off guard. Now, flash forward to yesterday at the auditions. As I watched my daughter run on stage and grab the mike, I was gripped with a sudden case of the nerves. I have performed most of my life and have always experienced a little stage fright. Imagine my suprise when I realized that watching my daughter brought on the worse case of nerves yet. Ahhhh, another joy of parenthood...wearing your heart on your sleeve.

Anyway, I watched my 7 year old daughter hop up on stage and belt out the best rendition of "You're a Grand Old Flag" that I have ever heard....WE COULDN'T BE PROUDER OF YOU CHARLEY!!!

5 comments:

Joia said...

Charley! You are so cool, and I just love you more than I could ever express!!!

LOVE YOU!
Aunt Joia

Anonymous said...

Wow Charley! Good Job! You must have gotten that talent from your Grandma Dana--not your Nana. Papa and I are so proud of you and love you with all our hearts. Keep up the good work and keep pressing Mommy to teach you piano too, okay? Love you, Nana

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Charley! D,C,H,A&B

Unknown said...

Wow, thats so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Dear Charley, We have always loved your voice and we know others will too! Have fun with this and enjoy every moment. Wish we could be there to cheer for you in person.
Love, Gram R