CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Just Horsin' Around..."

This past Christmas, the main request on Charley's Christmas list was to be able to go horseback riding. Justin was able to plan a whole day of riding over Christmas break, but we unfortunately got snowed in...

We were finally able to make it this weekend and we all had a blast! What a great day. All three kiddos fell in love with the horses and were able to ride them for several hours. Charley seemed like a natural and was even able to trot for awhile. I love all the pictures we took because they capture the pure joy on my angels' faces. They were even given the chance to gather "real eggs" from the chicken coop...

The owners let each kid pick the horse of their choice....leave it to our Dillan to pick the BIGGEST one. Needless to say, I was a little freaked out watching her mount him, but she was fearless and loved it. Ah, thank the Lord for guardian angels!

We're going to look into horseback riding lessons for the three of them...look for more horse pics to come!


P.S. Susie, if you are reading this, thank you SO very much. We had a wonderful time with you and your daughter and future son-in-law!!!



















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the big smiles! What a special treat for everyone. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Love you all,Gram R

Anonymous said...

Comfort and Family,
Being the ranch girl that I am, I LOVED the pics of the kids riding horses. I am so happy that your family gets to experience these things also. I too love the looks on the kids faces as they are riding. Happy Riding!
Manda

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget this. . . . ."Nana look! We got to find some REAL chicken eggs!" What a great day for the kids!

The DeCostes said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Great pictures. What a cute family you are. I love the dining room art too. That is awesome. See you soon. Love ya all!