CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Creative Juices and Black Fingernails..."

Charley got VERY creative this week when she decorated her Valentine's box for school. We had so much fun picking out the stuff to go on it...I love doing these things with my kiddos. It always brings back great memories for me...
Caleb has been obsessed with my fingernail polish lately. He will try and sneak a bottle of pink or red into his room and come out with it EVERYWHERE. He has been so insistant on having his nails painted! I don't mind him having pink nails at home, but it got a little weird when we were at the library coloring and I saw other mom's looking at his nails, then back at me. I could just read their minds...
Now, for those of you who know me, I'm usually not bothered by what other people think. But when it comes to my kids, if I can keep them from being judged unfairly, then I will do what I can. I finally came up with an idea. I took Caleb to the store and we bought him his OWN bottle of black fingernail polish that he can put on his fingernails and toenails until his heart's content. So I guess now parents can look at him and wonder if I'm allowing him to enter the "Goth" world...All I know is that it brings a smile to his face and that is worth 1,000 bottles of fingernail polish.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Caleb, You can "try" Mommy all you want but God will continue to give her inspirational ideas to help point you in the right direction! We all love you.