CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

"Water Balloons + Friday the 13th = ???????"


So yesterday was interesting...

The kids and I decided to have a water balloon fight in the backyard. We were having a great time until I decided to run inside, slip on our kitchen floor, and knock myself out. Charley was awesome and called 911 and I woke up to firemen and EMT's looking down at me. WHAT??? Long story short, went to the ER, had a couple of scans, and was released with pain killers and muscle relaxers.

I learned many important things yesterday. First and foremost being that I have amazing friends and family. When I called for help, I had an outpouring of people who were able and willing to help.

Second of all, there are so many hurting people in this world. As I looked around the ER, I was astonished at the amount of people coming and going who were obviously encountering some kind of pain. God help me to always remember those who struggle on a daily basis just to survive...

Third of all...NEVER EVER run on a wet tile floor. The results are not fun. I am so thankful that I didn't break anything and just ended up with some pulled muscles and a tweaked back.

Do I believe in Friday the 13th? I never have before. But I pledge now, that no matter what, I will never again play with water balloons on Friday the 13th...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK seriously...I think you need to permanently surround yourself in bubble wrap! I was going to say "whenever you leave the house," but since this happened at home I will have to change it to "always!!" :-) Benefits include: not only protecting your body when you're clumsy, but also you could potentially go insane at any moment and be perfectly fine! Who needs a padded room! Here's to the Bubble Wrap!! :-)

Hope your feeling better! Take it easy.
Mindy

The Nagel Family said...

So glad you are o.k. We are proud of Charley for helping mommy.

Love you!

D,C,H,A,B

Unknown said...

OH MY!!!!!!!! Geeeez, we are so glad you are okay! Jesus heal the pain the soreness :0) Blessings and HELLO to your family!