CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Ahhhhhhh, Here Come the Tears...."


Twas the night before Kindergarten, and all through the house EVERY creature is stirring, and I really need my spouse! The three little backpacks are packed by the door, hopefully getting ready tomorrow won’t be a chore. The lunch boxes are packed and waiting in the fridge with hopes that Dillan will at least eat a smidge. The clothes were hand picked and laid out tonight, crossing my fingers that tomorrow they will still be alright! The twins are excited, not nervous at all. Mommy on the other hand is trying not to bawl. It seems just yesterday, my babies were born, those early days, you really do mourn. Now they are 5, 5, and 7 and independent as can be. And though I’m happy for them, it’s still a little sad for me. Tomorrow I’ll be smiling and happy as I bid them “adieu”, but tonight I’m feeling just a little bit blue…

6 comments:

EmJ said...

How exciting for them it must be...and to have you there for them is even better. There is a chance that Ivy and Ari (and any others that may come in the future) will be homeschooled...and I'm actually sad thinking that I will miss out on the emotions of "the first day of school" with them...

Hang in there...and take pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

And so you begin a new chapter in your life. All those early days are relegated to the building blocks your babies would need to fly out of the nest. I know it will seem strange in the morning after you drop them all off at school, your arms will feel empty and you'll marvel at the quiet. But don't you worry, at the end of the day, that school bell will ring and you'll be there to pick them all up with all of their stories bubbling up out of them. Most of them happy, perhaps some of them sad and you'll discover, your job as a Mom has only begun. Love you--Your Mom (Love the shoes!)

Unknown said...

Awe...Thanks for sharing that cute poem! God's grace and peace tonight...and for this new chapter in parenting. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture and poem. You are so talented, and specially as a mom. Enjoy every moment,emotion and tear. It all passes way to fast.
Love,
Dayna ann

Anonymous said...

How well I remember the day Justin went to school. I too shed some tears at the realization that the beginning of school is also the beginning of a series of changes that ultimately lead our babies to adulthood. Hold tight to the memories of the days past, and cherish every new day as they will pass so fast. Love Dad R

Anonymous said...

How's school going, we would love an update!