CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"A Year Ago Today...."


Happy "Gotcha Day" Caleb!
A year ago today, we met face to face for the first time. I remember being awestruck with the fact that God was entrusting me to be your forever Mommy. Now, a year later and I am still amazed that God has allowed me the task of watching you grow and teaching you about your heavenly Father who has always had His hand on you. This past year has been full of many, many challenges and tears....BUT...this year has also been full of many smiles, landmarks, and laughs. You amaze me little man. Your strength and courage is unlike anything I've ever seen. My prayer for you this year is that you will know God's love in it's full power. I pray that I will be able to be the Mommy that you need. I pray that our bond will begin to grow and become a testimony to others struggling. Thank you for your patience with me as we walk through this journey together. Thank you for having the courage to begin a new life in a completely new world....Thank you for being my son...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible day! Congratulations Rogers family! We are so happy for you and so thankful for the family you are. Caleb, we love you sweet boy and are so thankful to have you as a nephew, we couldn't be more blessed. Lots of love, Dave, Christina, Herbie & Allie

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem posible that you have been a part of our lives for only one year. Caleb. We love you so much and pray that God will heal all your hurts and let that beautiful smile be free to rule your heart and life. We love you and can't wait to hold you soon...very soon.
love Gram and Grampa

Unknown said...

C- This is precious! We are so blessed to have crossed paths with your family... thanks for being so open about the process God is taking you all through! Wow...did you know that "Caleb" in the Bible was one of only two who lived to see the Promise Land?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first year together! Our lives have all changed because your tender heart reached out to a little boy across the world who needed a forever family. I'm so thankful that God has blessed us with such loving children and now beautiful grandchildren. Because of His love we know we can face the future. We continue to hold your whole family up in prayer to the Father as you walk through each new daily adventure. Love you all so much! Nana & Papa

Anonymous said...

Sis,

How do you create such cool headings on your blog? I need help...

Love you,

D